Safeguarding your Home from the Harmful Effects of Pesticides
An important thing to do after a visit from Rove pest control would be to wait for cleaning the home. You would need to –
- Wait to clean the house thoroughly
- Repair any possible entry points for pests
- Remove contaminated food or products
- Monitor the health of your family
These four steps would ensure that you have a healthy and safe family or home from the harmful effects of pesticides.
- Wait for thorough cleaning of the house
If you have had a recent visit from a pest control company, do not be hasty in cleaning the home after their visit. It would be pertinent to mention here that the effect of pesticides would remain in the house for at least three days. It would be in your best interest to wait for the spray to dry first. Do not mop or wipe down any perimeter areas of the rooms.
Consider waiting for three to five days for the sprays to take effect. However, it would be in your best interest to look forward to cleaning your home using light cleaning methods. Consider opting for vigorous cleaning after the passing of two weeks.
- Repairing any possible entry point for pests
One among the several important things you could do after a pest control treatment would be to eliminate the easy access of rodents, pests, and insects in your home. Consider paying special attention to –
- Vent openings
- Openings around pipes
- Broken screen drains
- Spaces between doors and floors
- Openings between the attic and the roof
You could fix these issues using grout, caulk, wire mesh, mortar, metal door kick plates, foam sealant, or door transitions.
- Removing contaminated food or products
It would be important to remove any contaminated food or products from your house. A good way to safeguard your food or snacks would be to put them away in cupboards before beginning the treatment. Henceforth, clean the areas where your food might touch the treated area with a mild soap and water.
- Monitoring the overall health of your family
Most of you would come to know about coming in contact with a pesticide or a caustic chemical. The symptoms would be inclusive of the following –
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Difficulty in breathing
- A persistent cough
- Change in heart rate
The above symptoms would be rare, but not impossible. Most in-home pesticides might not be dangerous for humans, but you should not take the risk. Consult a doctor on having these mentioned symptoms.
- The Ins and Outs of Mortgage Pre-Approval February 20, 2024
- Top 5 Ways to Fix Wallpaper Bubbles January 20, 2024
- Choosing the Perfect Bath Spouts for Your Bathroom January 18, 2024
- Key Factors in Getting a Good Night’s Sleep September 25, 2023
- The Grass is Greener with Wessex™ Turf! September 19, 2023