With summer coming up, now is the perfect time to get your garden in shape. While having a nice garden is pleasant all year round, it’s during the summer that you’ll want to be spending time there. Whether you decide to have daytime barbeques or nighttime house parties, your outdoor space is certainly important.
However, while most people think that having a good garden is all about it being visually appealing, it’s actually so much more than that. Gardens that are easy to navigate and not too difficult to maintain are the ones you should be looking to replicate. Here are some good tips when it comes to making the perfect garden design:
- Socialising space: While having an outdoor decking and dining space is always nice, it’s important to keep in mind how many people you’ll be planning to invite into your garden. If it’s a lot, be sure to keep in mind spacing. Make sure that the tables and chairs aren’t too close together and that the decking is large enough for all.
- Remember that your plants will grow: When first planting the plants in your garden, you might think that there is adequate space for many. However, as time goes by, you’ll realise that there isn’t enough room for them to grow, leading to a very wild and messy garden. As such, make sure that you plant your plants a reasonable distance from each other and from the pathways.
- Secure paving: Pavers that wobble are always a pain to navigate when it’s late at night and you’ve been socialising with your friends. In the worst cases, they might even lead to a sprained ankle! This can certainly be a hazard if you’re planning to let children play in the garden. So be sure to make sure that pavers are all secure and that the distance between them is not excessive.
- Build a log cabin: Log cabins are becoming increasingly popular in gardens, as more and more people are starting to realise their benefits. You might decide to use one as a detached cinema room, an art studio, an office or otherwise. Just imagine having a barbeque evening with your friends in the garden before retreating into the cabin for a movie night as the weather gets cooler.
- Leave some room for structures: While you might not immediately want to construct arches and pergolas in your garden, this might be something that you decide to do in the future. As such, it’s always a good idea to leave some empty space in your garden, even if you don’t intend on that space being used for socialising.
- Consult your neighbours: If there are any significant structures or changes that you’re planning to make to your garden, be sure to consult your neighbours before going through with it. This is especially important if you think that they will be affected.
- A guide on being a homeowner August 5, 2021
- Sell Your Home Fast – 2 Reasons Why You Should Use Real Estate Agents! July 18, 2021
- What to Know Before Designing your Garden June 26, 2021
- Why Should You Consider Custom vs. Generic Kitchen Cabinets? June 18, 2021
- Benefits of Top Dressing With Compost June 17, 2021